Sunday 22 May 2011

Super Supplements


In my last entry I mentioned how I think supplements/vitamins are a great way to add to a healthy diet, so I thought I'd talk a bit about the ones I take, and why.

Eskimo-3 : Omega 3 fish oil capsules with added Vitamin E
Why?: Helps maintain skin and blood vessel elasticity, joint suppleness, helps circulation, and can help people with high blood pressure, amongst other health benefits.

I also have very dry skin and eyes, and was advised by my optician to start taking fish oil supplements.

Collagenics : A blend of vitamins and minerals
Why? I have had back and neck problems since childhood, and started seeing a chiropractor at the age of 9. I was advised to take Collagenics as it helps maintain healthy connective tissue, which of course is a vital part of back health, and flexibility!

Perfectil (Skin Plus) : A well-known multivitamin to help women's skin, hair and nails - this particular supplement has two tablets, one of which is Skin Plus.
Why? : My sister used to take Perfectil and recommended it, and having started to see my skin breakout more often, I started to take it, using the Skin Plus version to really pack a punch. It has been truly incredible.
I immediately saw that my skin cleared, my nails broke less often, and there was less breakage in my hair. The minute I stop taking it my skin breaks out and my nails break - not kidding! I really recommend it if you're looking for a fantastic women's vitamin.

Mannatech Ambrotose Tablets: Completely plant-based supplement, totally natural and containing plant polysaccharides that we don't normally consume in daily life.
Why? : Again, directed to this by my chiropractor - it helps cell health, cell communication and your immune system. Sometimes, if cells are not sending chemical signals properly to each other, health problems can occur, and we can just generally feel run-down.
A really great vit because it's made of completely natural plant products. One word of advice though - when you start taking Mannatech products, your body can go through a mini-detox, as the supplements replace all the baddies in your body with healthy stuff - so drink lots of water; definitely more than you usually would!

Mannatech Plus Supplement: Again, formed from natural plant products and nutrients
Why? : It helps to support your endocrine system, which uses the chemical messengers known as 'hormones' to regulate your metabolism, maintain healthy tissue, and balance your mood!
Once again I would say drink lots of water when you first start taking these supplements.

So there are just a few supplements that I take, that you might want to consider! The market is so overloaded with vitamins and supplements that it's worth talking to shop assistants in health stores when thinking about trying a new one out - they can probably give you better advice than I can!

Nati xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment