Saturday 4 August 2012

The First Fab Five.

Time to bring you the first five of my ten big health-hitters of the moment. These all have great health benefits, and if you can incorporate at least some of them into your diet, you'll definitely be doing your body a favour! Foods that have been paired together contain the same/similar health benefits so have been added to give you a choice of foods to try. Here we go....

1) Walnuts/Almonds
- Packed full of heart-healthy omega 3s
- Anti-inflammatory
- Great source of protein

How do I include it in my diet? Sprinkle on salads or simply eat as a snack

2) Quinoa
- Both contain soluble fibre, great for digestive health
- Great source of protein
- Provides your body with slow-release energy

How do I include it in my diet? Incorporate oats into your breakfast, and cook quinoa and add it to salads. Quinoa can also be used to make porridge.

3) Blueberries
- Packed full of antioxidants
- Great source of fibre
- Contain vitamins A and C

How do I include it in my diet? Add it to your cereal or eat as a healthy snack

4) Sweet potato/Carrots
- Contain carotenoids, which are cancer-fighting compounds
- Anti-inflammatory
- Low calorie

How do I include it in my diet? Make soups/salads, or bake sweet potatos and turn them into delicious wedges!

5) Spinach
- Full of omega 3s
- Contains folate, which has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and osteoporosis
- Contains lutein, which helps to prevent muscular degeneration

How do I include it in my diet? Use it in salads and soups.

Hope that was helpful and the next 5 will be coming shortly!
Nati xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment