Sunday 5 August 2012

The Healthy Other Half.

As promised, here are numbers 6 through 10 of my top health foods of the moment - Enjoy!

6) Shrimp
- Contains vitamin B12, which aids bone density and can help prevent osteoporosis
- Contains vitamin D, which is important for healthy skin and bones
- High in protein and low in fat

How do I include it in my diet? Add shrimp to stir-fries, salads and wraps


7) Raspberries
- Contain anthocyanins, which help to lower blood sugar levels and increase insulin production, making them great for those suffering with diabetes
- High in antioxidants
- Contain anti-inflammatory phytonutrients

How do I include them in my diet? Great with cauliflower (strange but true), or add to salads and sprinkle on your cereal

8) Flaxseed
- Contains ALA (alpha-linoleic acid), a healthy fat that improves the function of the cerebral cortex
- Can help to reduce cholesterol
- Contains omega 3 and fibre

How do I include it in my diet? Sprinkle it on salads, cereals or mix it into smoothies


9) Curly kale
- High in calcium
- Contains vitamins A and C
- High in antioxidants

How do I include it in my diet? Add it to salads, bake it to make kale chips or eat instead of spinach

10) Grapefruit
- Contains naringin, which can lower the level of cancer-causing enzymes in your body
- Contains vitamins A and C
- Can help to lower cholesterol

How do I include it in my diet? Eat it at breakfast, make into a juice or add to salads

More to come soon!

Nati xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment